Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Camping with Critters

One of the joys of camping is the communication with nature. The sun was high, the sky clear, and a cool breeze wafted throughout the campground. Each of us were enjoying the day, relaxing or playing when we noticed a ground squirrel coming across the road with a bunch of stick and leaves in his mouth. He paused at the side of the road, then turned and ran back & up behind the rocks. I grabbed a chair and my camera to sit up away from the hole but close enough to watch. Within a few minutes he was back but again got cold feet, or paws I should say and ran back across the street. Patience is the key I thought. I sat as still as can be and turned the camera back on. Look carefully into the shadows and check it out!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

You are such a hoot. It was too funny seeing you sitting there trying to get a picture of a squirl.